Stephen Beer, Blog, Stephen Beer

Stephen Beer (www.stephenbeer.com)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some more information about me

I work as Senior Fund Manager for the Central Finance Board of the Methodist Church. The CFB manages money on behalf of the Methodist Church in Great Britain. My role is to manage the UK equity fund, worth over £350m. I look both at company finances and the ethics of investment, looking at what a company does and how it is run. Issues include: defence; gambling; alcohol promotion; the environment; supply chains; and human rights. The role gives me experience of both the business and voluntary sectors.

In my time, I have also been a school governor and a governing member of the council of Guys and St Thomas Hospital Trust. I am a Cooperative Party member and a member of Amicus. I attend All Souls Church, Langham Place, in London - a Church of England church.

No comments: